Environmental upgrade finance
Secure finance to install solar or improve your sustainability
Join businesses across Australia taking up finance through the Sustainable Melbourne Fund and saving on power bills, water costs or waste management services through Environmental Upgrade Finance.
Whichever building upgrade you’re looking for – be it energy, water or waste – the process to apply is the same:
Step 1: Determine your need
If your building is resource inefficient, you’re wasting money. Talk to us to find local services that can audit your building for energy efficiency improvements and provide quotes for solar. How much could you save?
Step 2: Check you’re eligible
- Is the proposed project on rateable land?
- Is the proposed activity in/on an existing building?
- Is the building primarily for non-residential use?
- Does the activity improve the energy, water, environmental efficiency or sustainability of the building?
Step 3: Check your council is a participant
The following councils are participants on the program:
- City of Melbourne Council
- City of Greater Bendigo Council
- Greater Dandenong Council
- City of Greater Geelong Council
- Brimbank City Council
- City of Monash Council
- Greater Shepparton Council
- Hobsons Bay City Council
- Macedon Ranges Shire Council
- Maribyrnong City Council
- Mildura Rural City Council
- Moira Shire Council
- Moreland City Council
- Mornington Peninsula Shire
- Mount Alexander Shire Council
- South Gippsland Shire Council
- Wyndam City Shire Council
- Central Goldfields Shire
More councils are being added every month, so if your council is not a participant please contact us to discuss the status of your region
Step 4: Secure finance
Understand your business requirements and talk to us about finance terms and options that best meet your needs.
Please provide details of your organisation and project to email@example.com or contact Sustainable Melbourne Fund on (03) 9658 8618.