Have you got a business idea or project that creates financial and environmental value?
Sustainable Melbourne Fund can provide up to 100% loan finance for building retrofit projects or for innovative technology that delivers wider environmental benefits. We will boost or match private and public sector funding.
With no limited funding rounds, we are open for business all year round. We will consider your project when it is ready.
We have money available right now. Contact us today for a confidential discussion.
We look for innovative, early-stage projects that are scalable, profitable and deliver a sustainability outcome, like these:
- Investment in Rezeko delivered energy efficiency benefits to 571 households before the company was sold to AGL Solar.
- Targeted investment in technology firm, BillCap, took an idea to commercial reality in just 24 months.
- Retrofit projects in commercial buildings such as solar panels, chiller or boiler upgrades.
Growing the benefits
Sustainable Melbourne Fund was established as a revolving loan fund in 2002 with an initial investment of $5m from City of Melbourne. Currently the fund is valued at over $6.4m and nearly half our investments are made with recycled capital.
We have a 100% success rate of catapulting sustainable business ventures into the marketplace. To date, we have invested over $9m in building upgrades, renewable energy systems, residential neighbourhood innovations, lighting solutions and software technology resulting in the reduction of over 100,000 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions.
Our depth of experience in sustainability investments together with our market-leading finance mechanism, the Environmental Upgrade Agreement (EUA), enables us to provide a range of funding options for your project or idea.
- Energy and/or water efficiency
- Waste minimisation
- Clean technology projects
- Deliver clear environmental benefits
- Contribute towards the sustainability outcomes of the City of Melbourne or greater Victoria
- From $50,000 to $2,000,000 per project
- A maximum investment period of ten (10) years per project
- Fixed or variable interest rate
The above conditions may be reviewed on a case by case basis. Cost of finance is determined on a case by case basis depending on the risk profile of the project and the applicant.
Please provide details of your organisation and project (works involved, environmental benefits generated by the project, location and costs) to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sustainable Melbourne Fund on (03) 9658 8740.